Thursday, July 31, 2014

Theindia's Journey #2: Adjustment Isn't So Bad




This past month I have learned all about adjustment. Some good adjustment and some not so good adjustments...but adjustments just the same.
Life is all about adjustments. In the past I would make adjustments but not in the correct way. I was one of those who adjusted in negative ways. When I was sad or angry, I wouldn't try to fix what made me that way, I would just eat. This of course is not good. So this past month when I realized that I had some changes happen in my life and I needed to adjust and not just deal...I refused to fall back in my old habits.
This past month has also been a struggle for me physical wise. A few months back I was diagnosed with 'Sarcoidosis' and have been trying to adjust to my symptoms. One symptom is inflammation, which affects me in my left eye. Some days it causes me to have a terrible headache or blurry vision and other days I just have general pain. But I know I have to be tough and adjust myself accordingly. So instead of just sitting back and using this as an excuse and to fall back into my old habits, I adjusted to change and in this case my body's change. I kept up eating right, I tried light exercising, and of course I stayed positive. I tell you this, there is nothing more welcoming then that of supporting friends and family.
Since I have told myself that I refuse to fall back into old habits...I have kept pressing forward. In the past week or so I have really started to feel like my old self again. I have started back running, lifting weights, and even my favorite...CYCLING. I have even made a decision to start boxing (yep, I'm crazy I know). I refusing to be what my diagnosis says I'm to be (which is a person always tired and in pain).
This month has really taught me to listen to my body. When I need rest, I need to rest, but at the same time I going to keep pushing forward. This month I happy to report that despite me not working out at much as I was, I have lost 6 lbs! That may not seem like a lot to some but that is happy dance worthy to me! I hope to report next month more great news...but in the mean time, I will keep adjusting and moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment