Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Chris's Journey # 36: “I’m a Loser Baby”





In my last issue I told all of you about 2011 and my 37th birthday. I was 481 pounds around that time. I remember when I went to the doctor and they weighed me and I saw 481 pounds, and I was relieved. RELIEVED! I was not 500 pounds. I really thought I was a quarter of a ton. But I was not. How sad was it that I was happy that I was 481 pounds? Makes me shake my head even now. So I went to the doctor on Monday and they did what doctor’s do, they weighed me. The scale said 381 pounds. 100 pounds lost since that fateful time three years ago. 100 pounds lost. 500 pounds is no longer on my radar, 200 pounds is. I walked 2 miles in the heat today. I walked my 5th marathon a few days ago (over 131 total miles). I am the most fit I have ever been in years. I am in charge of my life for the first time in years. 100 pounds lost since my heaviest. 69 pounds down since I started the bariatric process on January 16, 2014. Feeling good about myself and my progress. How about them apples?
Sincerely, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment