Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chris's Journey #50: The New (Year) and the Old (Navy)


I know I have not written much as of late and there is not much of a reason for it, except that I have not had much to say. I really have thought about what to write, but no words have come out. Call it writer’s block or whatever you want; the words have not come, so I have not written. Until this week.
It is the start of a new year, 2015 and big things are on the horizon for me this year. So I wanted to reflect all the way back to issue #11 which was my beginning blog of 2014. In that blog post I wrote some goals out that I wanted to accomplish, both short and long term. I wanted to go over those goals and give you an update on how I am doing.
• Walk my first 5K. The Color Run…February 15, 2014! – I did do this! It was not The Color Run, it was the River Day Run 8k and 5K. It was an amazing experience. I had so many friends come out to support me. It was my first of many 5Ks! • Able to walk unafraid of not finishing at the 2014 March for Babies 5K. (May 2014) – I ended up not walking the March for Babies last year. I did however walk in over 10 5Ks over the course of 2014. I am even walking a full 5K in under an hour now! • Thinking and feeling that I am good enough for that woman to ask her out, and know if she says no, it is not because I am fat and not worthy. – I did this too! I had the courage and positive feelings about myself to ask a woman out on June 13, 2014! She said yes, and there is more to come on this one. • Go in to Old Navy and buy a shirt. – I just did this one before the end of the year. I bought two sweatshirts that are 2X and they fit great. • Go to any store I want to and buy clothes in it, instead of being able to go to only one store. – I am doing this on a regular occasion too now. Pants are still a little difficult for me to buy, but I am getting there! • Finish the Gate River Run 15K (long term visual goal). – This one is still to possibly do. The more I work out and lose weight, I am not sure I want to accomplish this or something else. More to come! • Buy a suit and feel confident that I look good in it and not “fat man in a tiny coat”. – Not yet, although I got some hand me down suits from a friend that I am anxious to try out. Plus, I might need a new suit on August 8, 2015. • Eating properly at almost every meal with the occasional splurge and not splurge at every meal with the occasional eating properly. – I am doing this almost every day. I have splurged a little in the holiday season, but I am still eating far less than I once did. • Not feeling shameful over my weight ever again. – This is a learning process for me. I am working to not feeling shameful. • Celebrate with friends (not food) every 25 days of walking. (I already did this one once!) – I am not doing this as much, but walking is not the focus as much anymore. Working out and being healthy is the focus. But I still enjoy walking! • Celebrate at every marathon I walk during this journey (every time I walk more than 26.2 miles) (I already did this once!). – I stopped counting to be honest. I have walked over 210 miles. I am very proud of that fact. • Be able to get down on one knee to propose to the woman of my dreams. – On December 12, 2014 I did just that. I was on one knee and proposed and she said yes! I am getting married on August 8, 2015. • Run around with my nephews. – I do this on a regular basis. And plan on doing it more with my God sons and daughters too! • Look in the mirror with confidence. – Again, another learning process. I am working on it. I like what I see at least 60 percent of the time now. • Disney World and Universal Studios, and be able to ride on the rides. – Have not gotten there yet…but I will be heading to an amusement park soon! • Sit in a booth table comfortably. – Yes, I do! On a regular basis now. And it is awesome. • Love myself. – Sigh…another learning process. But I am better than I once was.
So 14 out of 17 goals I made for myself are completed or on their way of being completed. It is a good feeling to look back and see everything that I have accomplished. I like checking off another goal, another accomplishment. Now I need to see what is next! And I am looking forward to that.
Sincerely, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment