Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Chris's Journey #42 : Status Update





You always have to sit back and be grateful for the steps you have already taken in any journey. I am happy to say that I will never have to begin this journey again. I will always be in the middle of this journey, but I am amazed at the progress that has been made already. Imagine the progress that I will make when 2014 is over with this year. I now look in to the future and see hope and excitement and not the dread I once did. I am excited to see where the next three months of my journey will take me.

Here are some of the things I have accomplished so far…

·         As of 8/4/2014 I have lost 93 pounds and 15.5 inches since January 16, 2014.

·         I have decreased my walking a mile from 24 minutes when I started in October 2013 to 18 minutes last week.

·         I have gone down from a size 6 XLT shirt to a 4 XL shirt.

·         I am able to wear my pants the way pants are supposed to be worn (around the belly button).

·         I no longer get exhausted walking up a flight or two of stairs.

·         I no longer get tired getting dressed.

·         A few Saturdays ago I almost walked 3 miles and I swam for 35 minutes on the same day…without getting tired.

·         I had my three month checkup last week and all my bloodwork came back in good shape. Dr. Rao was very happy with my progress.

·         I have not drank a soda in over 3 months.

·         I attend fitness classes on a regular basis now.

·         I can fit in the seats at Everbank Field and at the Jacksonville Baseball Park. I am planning on seeing a Gator game by the end of the year.

·         My doctor has taken me off two out of three medications.

·         I am happy and feeling less stress.

·         I am completely grateful that I had the surgery now.

Sincerely, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment